Injured In A Car Wreck in Atlanta? Frequently Asked Questions (Part 1)

Injured in a car wreck in Atlanta? You probably have questions.

Q: I was injured in a car wreck on Ponce de Leon Avenue, what kind of lawyer do I need?

A: You will want a personal injury lawyer that handles automobile accident cases, particularly in the county, and even the specific area in which you were injured. A lawyer familiar with the streets in which the accident took place can best help your case.

Q-: How soon after an accident do I need to consult with an injury attorney?

A: Immediately. The other driver’s insurance adjuster will contact you to get you to say something that will damage your case. Hiring a lawyer from the outset puts a barrier between you and the other side.

Q: Where do I get medical treatment after a car accident if I don’t have insurance?

A: After a car accident your main concern is taking care of your health. Most Urgent care centers, Emergency Rooms, Hospitals and Chiropractors will work on a lien if you are not at fault for the accident. This means that they expect to take a portion of whatever settlement or jury award you get.

Q: Who will pay for my vehicle damage?

A: If the other driver has insurance coverage then their insurance company will compensate you for the damage done to your vehicle. Additionally, if the other driver doesn’t have insurance your own uninsured motorist coverage may compensate you.

Q: What can I be compensated for?

A: If you are injured in an accident you can be paid for your medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of use of your vehicle, and even time off from working.

Have you or a loved one been injured in a car wreck in Atlanta? You need to speak with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Please call Schenk Smith LLC for a free consultation today. (678) 823-7678.